Hi, I’m Aaron. I’m an apprentice of Jesus Christ, and my greatest goal in life is to make Him known. I’m a pastor, creative, teacher, and lifelong learner. Currently, I reach people as the founder and director of GoodLion Podcasts, and I serve as the web strategist for CGN. My favorite role is Brooklynn’s husband.
In everything I do, I work to bring innovation, love, kindness, and fun!
Currently one of my favorite places to do ministry is the GoodLion Podcast! Each episode, my good friend Brian Higgins and I work hard to dive deep into theology, culture, church, and discipleship to Jesus. I’ve had some much fun in these conversations, and running this show has continued to push me to be a lifelong learner.
The goal of this workshop is to help Christians and ministry leaders understand this issue from an informed, compassionate, and measured perspective. The reality is a lot of people are struggling, and we need to work hard to understand the why.
(Note: To anyone who follows me who is not a Christian, or is a former Christian who has now deconstructed, please understand you’re not the target audience for this, but if you watch my hope Is that you’d see the heart in trying to help people understand so they can help! Feel free to DM me if it sparks anything you’d want to discuss. I’m always open.)
We understand that doubt is a common experience and can be challenging to navigate, especially when it comes to ministering to the next generation. In this workshop, we aim to provide insights and practical strategies to help ministry leaders engage with and support individuals going through doubt and deconstruction.
Here are some of the key points we will cover:
1. The personal significance of doubt: We both share our own experiences of doubt and how it led us to deeper exploration and growth.
2. Understanding the next generation: We explore the unique challenges young people face today and how doubt and deconstruction often play a significant role in their faith journey.
3. The impact of doubt on ministry: We discuss the heartbreak and challenges that ministry leaders face when helping individuals navigate doubt and provide guidance on how to address their questions and concerns.
4. The process of doubt and deconstruction: We unpack the definitions of doubt and deconstruction, highlighting the different stages and dynamics involved, and explore why understanding their origins is essential.
5. Practical application for helping those who struggle with doubt and deconstruction navigate these complex waters.
We sincerely hope this workshop blesses you and enriches your ministry! If you have any feedback, you can leave us comments on the episode on Spotify, or send us an email at email@example.com.
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/goodlion/message
Support this podcast: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/goodlion/support
Here’s what I’ve been working on lately!
- Doubt & Deconstruction: Ministering to the Next Generation with Compassion and Grace (Nick Cady & Aaron Salvato)on November 27, 2023 at 12:28 pm
Hey folks, I am super excited to share with you the full audio of a workshop that Nick Cady and I put together for CGN. In this workshop, we dive deep into the topic of doubt and deconstruction. The goal of this workshop is to help Christians and ministry leaders understand this issue from an informed, compassionate, and measured perspective. The reality is a lot of people are struggling, and we need to work hard to understand the why. […]
- Serve Like Jesuson November 13, 2023 at 1:00 pm
🎙️ Welcome to the latest episode of our podcast, where our host, Aaron Salvato, digs deep into the heart of servanthood, inspired by the incredible actions of Jesus himself. As a powerful sermon Aaron shared at the Good Lion School of Discipleship, this episode guides us through the transformative power of humility and service. This is not about grand gestures, but about the beautiful, small, everyday acts of service that can […]
- Exploring The Major Views On Eschatology - Nick Cadyon October 30, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Aaron is joined by his long time friend Nick Cady, to dive deep into the fascinating theological topic of eschatology. Eschatology is a topic that often leaves many Christians feeling confused and overwhelmed. With its complexities and differing perspectives, it's no wonder why this subject can sometimes seem daunting to navigate. Nick aims to provide clarity and understanding by delving into the various views and shedding light on the […]
- Returning To The King - Do you see Him merely as Savior... or as Lord? | Brian Higgins & Aaron Salvatoon October 23, 2023 at 12:15 pm
As followers of Jesus, we often begin our journey with a fairly simplistic view of who He is - a divine savior who absolves us of our sins and provides a comforting presence in our lives. But as our faith deepens, we start to realize that there's so much more to Him. In this episode Aaron and Brian dive into the transformational journey of understanding Jesus beyond the role of Savior and embracing Him as Lord. Drawing from their personal […]
- Re-Centering on Jesus: Purpose, Hope, and Regaining Childlike Wonder | Brian Higgins & Aaron Salvatoon October 16, 2023 at 12:00 pm
In this episode, Brian and Aaron reunite after a long time off from recording together. The two friends help each other rekindle their fervor for Jesus and share their journey with the listeners. Amidst the bustle of their lives, which includes navigating changes in their careers, evolving responsibilities in parenthood, and returning to local ministry work, they delve into the question of how to maintain a genuine connection with Jesus. […]
- Progressive Dispensationalism, Eschatology Reimagined - With Dr. Darrell Bockon July 31, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Welcome, theology nerds and seekers! On this season 9 finale, we're diving deep into the world of dispensationalism. Whether you're a seasoned theologian or a fresh-faced learner, we've got something for you! Our guests are Mike Dente, Senior Pastor of Calvary Chapel Paris, France, and Professor Darrell Bock from Dallas Theological Seminary. We discuss everything from the distinctions between Israel and ethnic Israel, the Church, and […]
- Why Does Yahweh Seem So Angry in the Old Testament? - (GoodLion Classic Episode)on July 10, 2023 at 12:43 pm
This week we're thrilled to revisit an important conversation with one of our longest-running and most cherished guests, Dr. Gerry Breshears. Gerry, a beloved Seminary Professor and mentor to many, joins us again to wrestle with the difficult but essential topic of God's judgment and wrath. Our listeners know this is a subject close to Aaron and Brian's hearts, and Gerry provides his gracious yet challenging insights. We examine how God's […]
- Jesus' Death: Failure or Victory? - (Classic GoodLion Episode)on July 3, 2023 at 12:41 pm
For this special classic episode, Aaron delves deeply into a provocative claim made on NPR's This American Life. In a conversation with host Ira Glass, Princeton historian Elaine Pagels argues that Jesus's death on the cross was an "utter failure." This piques Aaron's curiosity. He decides to explore the topic further, questioning leading scholars and theologians about whether Jesus's crucifixion really was a failure as Pagels suggests. […]
- Getting Honest About Depression and the Christian Church - With Wesley Towne (Classic GoodLion Episode)on June 26, 2023 at 12:42 pm
Join Aaron and Brian as they tackle one of the hardest topics facing Christians and the church today: depression. In this honest and illuminating episode, they sit down with pastor Wesley Towne who has spent years ministering to those struggling with mental illness. This episode was recorded shortly after the tragic loss of Pastor Jared Wilson, bringing the topics of depression and struggle into sharp focus. Wesley shares openly about his […]
- A Raw Conversation On Sex Scenes, Christians, and Media - (GoodLion Classic Episode)on June 19, 2023 at 12:41 pm
Welcome to a classic two-part episode of The GoodLion Podcast! It's a marathon not a sprint as Brian and Aaron dive into the complex issue of violence, sex and nudity in media. The popular show Game of Thrones sparked many conversations about how Christians should consume media with sex scenes. These episodes, recorded in 2019, tackle that debate head on with nuance, depth and understanding. Brian and Aaron explore whether Christians […]
- Shame, Sin, & What Tim Mackie Taught Us About Righteousness - (Classic GoodLion Episode)on June 12, 2023 at 12:30 pm
Aaron and Brian welcome you to revisit two early episodes from Season 1 that set out to deeply explore the meaning and importance of righteousness. These episodes were part of their initial ‘Righteousness’ mini-series where they sought to understand what righteousness truly means and how it should impact the lives of Jesus followers. In Part 1, Aaron shares his reflections on righteousness and clips from Dr. Tim Mackie of the Bible […]
- GoodLion Update: School of Discipleship Ministry Reports, Great Things in Store for the Podcast, & an Update on Aaron's Seminary Journeyon June 6, 2023 at 2:07 pm
In the season finale of Season 9 of the GoodLion podcast, we take a moment to appreciate the incredible journey we've been on, and share with you some awesome news. As we dive behind the scenes, we express our heartfelt gratitude to our steadfast listeners, both old and new, for accompanying us on this spiritual path. A Ministry Update: First, a ministry field report: we're thrilled to announce that GoodLion Ministries has been expanding […]
- Learning From Jesus: The Wisdom Warrior (Michael Bowles)on May 30, 2023 at 12:13 pm
Michael Bowles returns with fresh insight on the ancient motif of the wisdom warrior. As Aaron and Michael discuss, Michael traces the wisdom warrior path embodied by exilic prophets like Jeremiah and Daniel who navigated Babylonian captivity through wisdom above violence. Michael reveals how Jesus, the ultimate Wisdom Warrior, defeated Satan through the weapon of truth and the victory of the cross. Aaron and Michael discuss how seeking […]
- Battling Intrusive Thoughts (Aaron & Brian) - Strategies for the Christian to resist and overcome thoughts of doubt, discouragement, & fear and re-center on Christ.on May 22, 2023 at 11:18 am
Struggling with Intrusive Thoughts and Doubts? You're not alone. Most Christians experience doubt from time to time, but for some the struggle with intrusive thoughts that breed uncertainty can become all-consuming. In this episode, Aaron Salvato answers a question from listener who struggles with random sudden thoughts that cause them to question if their faith is real. Aaron shares his own experience with disruptive intrusive thoughts as […]
- Responding To Tough Pushback Around Christian Sexual Ethics | Pieter Valk - Pt 2: "Is Gay Sin Worse Than Straight Sin?" and More Challenging Questions From Pastors.on May 8, 2023 at 12:30 pm
This episode is the second part of an interview with Pieter Valk. In part one of the interview, Pieter laid out his heart and his vision for helping gay people follow Jesus and find love, support, and belonging within the church while adhering to the theological orthodoxy and commitment to the historic Christian sexual ethic of God's design for marriage and sex between one man and one woman. In this episode, Pieter addresses some pushback […]